One Health for People, Pets, and Partners Initiative
Start date: 15 November, 2015
End date: 1 July, 2017
CFAS is uniting and engaging charities and communities across Canada through trail events and storytelling as our gift to Canada on its 150th.
Nature of the Project Reach
CFAS needs businesses, charities, and the community to work together promote and grow healthier and safer communities through the human-animal bond.
- Promote the benefits of the human-animal bond and the value they bring to our communities
- Overcome the stigma associated with mental health issues by promoting relationships with companion animals and partnerships with service animals that enable people to live better lives
- Build the capacity of Canadian Animal-Assisted Support Services charities across the country that serve persons of all ages with visible and invisible disabilities, Canada’s troops, veterans, first responders, and their families
- Assist with the care of animals in service and companion animals owned by people/families with low incomes, people who are homeless, and seniors on fixed meager incomes
- Preserve Canadians human-animal bond stories for generations to come as our gift to Canada on its 150th birthday
- Host year-round events to unite and engage Canadians to promote active living and safety and fun around animals
- Raise 20 million dollars by 2020 to launch the National Annual Grants Program
Need businesses and volunteers to help us grow the One Health Initiative to help us to realize our goals.