150 Projects to Celebrate 150 Years
Start date: 1 September, 2016
End date: 31 December, 2017
150 Projects to Celebrate 150 Years will inspire, motivate and provide structure to young people who will launch over 150 school and community projects in areas such as health, entertainment, fundraising, social justice, and art throughout Montreal and eventually many more throughout Canada!
Nature of the Project Reach
There are 110 Organizations across Quebec (Carrefour jeunesse-emploi). This network of partners has the ability to share information and mobilize community, government, and educational institutions.
1. RELEASE The Incubator 2.0 - A simple, user-friendly, ONLINE VERSION of a very successful and widely known step-by-step project development TOOLKIT that we finalized in 2010. It would include all printed materials ready for download and all Instructional Videos available for streaming. This toolkit is still widely used throughout Quebec and Canada. Its use is greatly limited by the fact that some schools have either lost the tool or new staff are unaware of its location or existence.
2. COLLABORATE with 17 Carrefour jeunesse-emploi and the 5 school boards in Montreal and surrounding regions to promote the 150 PROJECTS TO CELEBRATE 150 YEARS goal by simply using The Incubator 2.0 as a handy way to structure and help their students to identify needs and improvements that can be addressed through their innovative projects. These Projects by nature bring young people together to develop projects that address or improve issues of environment, community cohesion, health, mental health, education, and inclusion.
3. GATHER information about the projects that have been launched in the context of the 150 PROJECTS TO CELEBRATE 150 YEARS theme. and display them at
4. ASSUME A LEADERSHIP ROLE as one of 25 Carrefours selected by the Government of Quebec to pilot its new Youth strategy (to be implemented in all 110 Carrefours in 2017). The strategy prioritizes youth involvement in entrepreneurial and volunteering initiatives. Combining our theme, our partners, and our new website would be an excellent way to generate important projects developed by youth!
5. MAKE A DIFFERENCE by mobilising a powerful network of educational and community organizations to offer structured guidance and inspiration from which young people will grow projects that mark Canada’s anniversary while encouraging, teaching, and building their communities and themselves.
We will soon release details about a broader involvement across Canada. We partnered with school boards all over Canada in the past to encourage project development among high school youth. We intend to revive these partnerships and hopefully create new news with members of the Alliance.